Finding the ideal fabric for sportswear can be a challenge. Cottons aren’t always as light or breathable as they may seem. Synthetics aren’t always breathable and often have sustainability issues. Fortunately there’s a better option out there: Tencel! This amazing fabric will soon become your favorite choice for activewear and leisure. Find out why you need Tencel in your life below.
What Is Tencel?
Tencel is an innovative fabric made from a botanic origin. The fibres are derived from sustainably sourced wood, making Tencel one of the best eco-friendly fabrics on the market. It’s perfect for those who love outdoor sports like golf; wearing botanically-derived gear will have you feeling at one with nature. Tencel is manufactured in an environmentally responsible way, using a closed loop production process that recycles solvents and water. The resulting fabric has a soft and smooth feel that is excellent for casual or activewear.
The Benefits of Tencel
- It’s incredibly soft and comfortable. Tencel will feel like a dream against your skin with its silky smooth texture. The fabric’s fibres are considered twice as soft as cotton fibres. Tencel is a great choice for those with sensitive skin, or for anyone who believes that comfort is key.
- It offers excellent breathability. This is a key factor for any activewear garment. Being of natural origins, Tencel’s fibres will regulate the absorption and release of moisture. Tencel also helps regulate the body’s temperature. Tencel will always help you feel fresh and comfortable.
- It has amazing color retention. You won’t have to worry about discoloration with your Tencel pieces. Tencel fibres are great at holding onto dyes, so you can rest assured your colored Tencel garments will remain bright and beautiful for a long time.
- It’s biodegradable. Tencel is sustainable for several reasons. We’ve already mentioned Tencel’s low-impact production process, but another amazing sustainability factor is that it’s biodegradable. As Tencel is derived from natural origins, it can also return to the earth at the end of its life cycle.
- It’s durable. Don’t mistake Tencel’s softness for weakness; the fibres are actually very strong and durable! Tencel has one of the highest tenacity profiles of all modern cellulose fibers. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy your Tencel clothes for years to come.
How To Wear Tencel Sportswear
Bellemere’s designer sportswear collection proves that you can have it all. It’s sustainable, practical, and fashionable - elements that are often rare to find together when it comes to sportswear. Our chic Tencel pieces are perfect to wear as summer sportswear or for golf events like the US Open. Our stylish matching sets make getting dressed for sportswear events a breeze; just add your favorite golf sneakers and you’ll instantly be the best-dressed person on the golf course. Classic and versatile polos will feel right at home on the golf course when paired with shorts or a pleated skirt, but can also be styled with jeans or chinos for a casual day out. The soft pastels of our designer line pairs well with blue or white denim, resulting in the perfect summer color palette.
Shop our Tencel designer collection here.